Sunday, August 06, 2006

What About Mel G?

What about Mel Gibson? Another one of those celebrities in the news. He was demonstrating the results of His fallen nature. He reminds us all that we are sinners in need of daily grace. He did and said something he now regrets. Kind-o-reminds me of something Jesus said.

He (Jesus) said, He who is without sin -cast the first stone.

I would recommend that Jews and Gentiles alike take a regular stone and draw a smiley face on it. Then place the stone where you will see it everyday. It could serve as your daily reminder not to throw stones or point fingers, because we are all in the same boat. While I do not like the fact that he got smashed, drove while intoxicated and spewed out poison - there were things in my own life I did not like today.

Please find your stone, draw a grace face on it and refuse to throw it away.

And while you are at it, pray for Mel G.

3 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Where is your voice on this matter?

 
At August 11, 2006 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but Mel and his remarks just bear no interest for me. Your remarks seem right to me.

 
At August 12, 2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Finally a post! I thought this was one of my better articles. Do your stones have smiley faces?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters