Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Release your hostages...

As I mentioned numerous times in this blog - we do not own the people who attend our Church. God owns us and everything we have, we don't own anything. We are bond servants or "slaves to Jesus". The members of my past churches were NOT my people. They never belonged to me.

Yet the American church is marked by structures that contain and rules that control. It's amazing how quickly the gander goes us when a group of people rise up and want to begin a new work outside of institutional structures and guidelines. Right now I know of a church pastor who refuses to release with his blessing around 15 people from his 6-700 member flock. It has gotten ugly. Instead of blessing them as they leave they are rejecting them as rebellious. How sad. It is a perfect example of control and insecurity.

Here's what I know! Yes I know something. I know that God is raising up a remnant from the American church to begin disciple making movements across America. God is stirring the hearts of those who refuse to stay where they are. They long for something that requires greater commitment and sacrifice so they are leaving the institutional American church. What's worse is that they are leaving without the blessing and support of their home base church.

God is calling out a remnant from among the American Church to begin New Testament Disciples making disciples movements. When God calls, let's release them with our full support and blessing. Whatcha think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters