Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Every Day!

Everyday I come across someone who is either tired of the pastorate or who has left the pastorate. These are godly people who love Jesus and want to serve Him. However, they are disillusioned with the Americanized version of Christianity. Often they indicate that they feel more like a slave to the already reached than a servant of Jesus Christ. They are often beaten, battered and bruised, victims of the organization. For many their hope is shattered. Some are disillusioned.

As I speak with these individuals passion begins to rise as I speak of reaching people for Christ who reach others for Christ. I tell them that all they really need to do is make disciples who also make disciples. From these brief encounters with godly men my hope for America is renewed. I am finding people who are willing to give it all up for Jesus and fulfilling the Great Commission. Several who have left the ministry indicate freedom to make disciples who make disciples without the chains of serving the already reached who love sitting in a pew and making it their contribution to Christ.

God has led us to create a disciplemaking system where disciples are made to the 4th generation. (By that I mean, I make a disciple, they make a disciple, who makes a disciple, who makes a disicple to the fourth generation.) When you get to the fourth generation you have created a movement of disciple-making that cannot be stopped.

If you are among the disillusioned with American Christianity -please call me, I have a new home and ministry for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters