Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What's More Important?

What is more important anyway? I'm not anti Church on Sunday. I am anti not being the Church on Sunday. Go to Church and enjoy the "Come and See" event. But please, don't forget to be the Church. Forget that nap and let God use you for the sake of the kingdom.

The thing that gripes me is that we love going to Church in America. It makes us feel so good and we make all the cases in the world why it is important. I agree, no one loses anything by going. That is unless we learn that going to Church is all that is reguired. In America we have this mentality that if we go to Church on Sunday we have fulfilled our obligation. Well, I have some bad news for you. If you feel good about going and refuse to be among those being the Church and taking Jesus to others you have missed it altogether. If you are among the going to the church and refuse to be among those being the Church -you are a self centered pharisee.

Jesus modeled what it means to be the Church. He made it a point to have relationships with those who would never go to Church on Sunday. He took the church to them.

To make the point I go to Church, but if I had to chose between going to Church and being the Church I'd rather be the Church than go to Church. Maybe we can all do both. I just think doing both is not the norm in America.

Do you go to Church and are you being the Church? If you are being the Church tell me about the people you are building relationships with who do not know Jesus! Tell me how you are being the Church for those who do not know Jesus!

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: your post: Am I Really Part of the Problem?

Just don't forget the eternal blessing you've been to countless people--even if you were part of the "problem," God has done great work through you in 23 years.

 
At August 09, 2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Anonymous, God bless you. I pray a few of those people will invest in building relationships with the unreached who reach more unreached who reach many more of the unreached.

I long for an organic church that keeps the main thing the main thing. Think of all the dollars and energy resources we expend to service the already reached...I long for the day when believers will mature and our investment of time and resources will instead be given to the unreached.

You encourage me this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters