Monday, January 15, 2007

Beggers in need of bread

I'm under the weather and just got up after sleeping my life away but before I head back to sleeping my life away, I just read a devotional thought from Jesus through Max Lucado.

Jesus said, "Give us the food we need for each day. Forgive us for our sins, just as we have forgiven those who sinned against us. Matthew 6:11-12.

Max shares, "We are sinners in need of grace, strugglers in need of strength. Jesus teaches us to pray, "Forgive our debts...and lead us not into temptation." We've all made mistakes and we'll all make some more. The line that separates the best and the worst of us in a narrow one, hence we'd be wise to take seriously Pauls admonition: "Why do you judge your brothers or sisters in Christ? And why do you think you are better that they? We will all stand before the Lord to be judged....Romans 14:10.

The Planter: That sure makes me walk a higher line. It makes me write and comment on a higher plane too. It sure is good for me to have the word of God hitting me over my hard head.

Comments? I'm off to more sneezing, coughing that hurts, feeling gross and grouching more than I should. How will my beautiful loving wife survive me today?

4 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Through the prayers of the saints lifting her up (and you, of course!)

Y'all pray for Michelle!

 
At January 15, 2007 8:46 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Get better quick Bob!

 
At January 19, 2007 12:57 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I'm on the mend, thanks guys!

 
At January 19, 2007 12:58 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Michelle is still alive, thanks to the prayers of the saints.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters