Friday, September 12, 2008

My TONE

How in the world can one assume a certain TONE in my blog posts? It seems when I bump into those who are trying to protect, ignore, stand up for the condition of the American Church they accuse me of having a wrong TONE!

Imagine the member of your church saying she doesn't like the TONE of your newsletter.
Imagine your family not liking the TONE of your recent email.
Imagine someone not liking the TONE of your Christmas card.
Imagine someone not liking the TONE of the comments on your church sign.
Imagine someone not liking the TONE of your church ad in the newspaper.

Have we (some) really gone to that petty level in accusing people of having the wrong TONE in their writing? I don't like your TONE!!

When people don't like facing the Truth about the American Church they accuse me of bashing her or my TONE is wrong. Let me suggest that we stand up and fix what is wrong or better yet, let's get to work at making disciples who make disciples.

If I didn't love God and His Church I wouldn't be saying the things I do. It is with great love that live to reform the Church back to her original mission.

7 Comments:

At September 12, 2008 1:26 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

My friend Mike emailed this comment to me..

Quit baiting your audience. It's not nice. We don't need the TONE discussion again. It's not helpful and doesn't advance your central purpose for having your blog.

If you don't "get" it when people say that they don't like your TONE, that's OK, but quit harping on it and do something more constructive. I can tell you, though, I've received emails from family members where I didn't like the tone. You probably don't like the tone of this one. :)

I'm sure my tone of exasperation is coming across quite clearly.

The Planter: I guess if you (in blogland) don't like my TONE you can just get over yourself. Just like I get over you.

By the way if I didn't like your comments I sure wouldn't post them here. I love em, I love and I just want more of em.

You missed my reason for posting here. Who has the right to call into question someone's TONE! That's a bunch of humbagaroni!! How do you know it's not advancing my purpose? There is a method to my madness. Thanks for letting me copy and past your comments here.

I gotcha!

 
At September 15, 2008 10:06 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Someone needs to raise their tone in defense of God's mission and the lack of obedience to it.

 
At September 15, 2008 1:53 PM, Blogger Zach said...

dude,

in someones tone they percieve intentions. in tone we judge, almost immediately, if someone is pleasant or a threat. i propose, and i may be entirely wrong, that people fight your tone because in your tone you threaten everything they have. or think they have. and arent you doing that? Isnt your call to actually LOOK at the Bride and how sick she is and how tattered her gown is a complete threat to all that keeps her that way?

Dont be surprised when people try to defend themselves against your tone. if theyre not threatened by it, you can bet the enemy is!
:)

 
At September 15, 2008 9:27 PM, Blogger Michael Ehret said...

And, no, I did not give you permission to post that. In fact, you did not even ask.

I purposely didn't post it here in this thread, but instead sent it privately.

As I've said over and over, I do not have a problem with your tone. You are you and you always will be and I love you the way you are.

I just didn't want to have to slog through that pointless, profitless discussion again.

Bu there you go, it's your blog and apparently private msgs are also free game. I shall have to remember that in the future.

 
At September 16, 2008 11:02 AM, Blogger Eric Wilson said...

Watch your tone Michael. :-)

-Sorry couldn't resist.

;-)

 
At September 16, 2008 11:26 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I couldn't resist the pithy comments so I posted them. And, yes, I am still smiling about it.

I don't know when I will ever stop biloviating, whatever that means. :)

 
At September 16, 2008 4:32 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I like my TONE it's the only thing that keeps me sane in the church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters