Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm the weakest link...

Overwhelmed, impossible, little resources, impossible odds, Big job, daily uneasy, impossible job etc. are some of the words that go through my mind on a daily basis.

I took this job because I wanted to be involved in something that I couldn't do without God. I was attracted to this job because I knew I couldn't and believed God could. I wanted to be a part of something bigger than life itself. Well here I am -hanging out by faith on the smallest limb on the tree. Uncomfortable? More uncomfortable than all my uncomfortables until now. Mega uncomfortable and hugely challenged and stretched. God....

All I can do is wait and pray and do what I can along the way. Ultimately we need God to work in bringing people and resources to this strongly unreached part of America. And yet the reality is clear, I succeed or fail at the hands of God.

What do you think will be the end result? How much faith do you have? God is our strongest link!

4 Comments:

At March 10, 2006 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be looking for your cloud, my friend.


41 And Elijah said to Ahab, "Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain." 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

43 "Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked.
"There is nothing there," he said.
Seven times Elijah said, "Go back."

44 The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea."
So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.' "

 
At March 11, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Do your best and pray that it is blessed! Your blog sounds like the exciting ministry we has in Elkhart when I planted a church on the northwest side of town. The challenge was overwhelming but God supplied. He is faithful. In fact, whenever God intends to do a great thing, he looks for those willing to live on-the-edge. Think about it! He led Abraham to the edge and called his act of obedience faith! He called Moses who was on the edge. He used Joshua who was on the edge. He used Elijah, took him to the edge and demonstrated His power to provide!!! You too are on the edge but God will do His best for you at this time! - drinkdp

 
At March 11, 2006 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, we went to church tonight. The lesson was on frustration. When you have frustration you have put yourself in man's world not Gods, So give it back to man's world. God has plans for you big time! We are praying for you to do what God wants you to do. It will be in his time. Be patient.... I can always use a cnc op. not.... ar &sr

 
At March 20, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Anonymous where are you going to church? I noticed you went somewhere in the evening. And I'm glad I now know who you are.

Blessings,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters