Friday, March 03, 2006

Prayer Letter week of March 1, 2006

Dear Faith Partners and Friends,

I'm only able to post my prayer letter here this week due to a mechanical malfunction on my laptop. So I'm trusting that my faithful friends and partners will read on here. Please pray I do not lose all my outlook data, please?

This week (Monday through Wednesday) I was in Oregan where God really met with us. I began our first pastor cluster in southern Oregan with four others pastors. We will meet monthly for encouragement, leadership developement and coaching in healthy church principles. I also began coaching our Dever Conner Church near Albany and that went really well. I tell people that I lead pastor clusters and coach in HCI as a hobby. It is fun!

I'm back home working on recruiting and fund raising. This is harder than the above. As a praise note I do have (4) prospective church planters coming to district conference in March, 06. Since I put a ministry add on a ministry search website I have received some really good leads. Most of my leads so far are interested in Kansas City. Another one of my leads is a church of about 90+ people who are praying about joining the Missionary Church here in southern St. Louis metro. This pastor and I have become goood friends.

Another thing happened. A guy from South Carolina inquired about our church planting opportunities. He has church planting experience and success in faithfully planting. While he was praying about our conversation his friend wrote him and asked him out of the blue if Kansas means anything to Him. He replied, I was just offered an opportunity to explore Kansas City. Could this be God speaking through other people? I think it is! We are praying for the Lord of the Harvest to send forth workers and He is. Now we need to pray for the resources for these families who are willing to become missionaries to this region.

Now the truth is, I have more guys who want to move to either St. Louis and or Kansas City. I'm still trying to process them, raise my own support which is just over halfway. While doing that I am also trying to raise funds to get these guys here. I am not overwhelmed, just reminded that this will only work as we pray, as God does His part, and as people like you and me do our part. We are about to see a miracle and I'm praying you are part of it.

Keep praying for us - God knows we are counting on you,

Your missionaries to St. Louis and Kansas City -- Bob & Michelle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters