Thursday, April 06, 2006

Prayer Letter Week of April 6, 2006

Dear Faith Partners (Prayer Warriors),

How can I thank you for your daily prayers for us and our ministry. We have continually asked you to pray daily that God would protect us from the enemy and that God would give us wisdom in the decision we are making. God continues to be gracious upon us.

Many of you have been visiting my blogsite www.theplanter.blogspot.com where I keep more updates on our vision for Kansas City and St. Louis. As you know these days require a different kind of ministry and approach to making disciples. Actually we are trusting God for a whole movement where we can make disciples who actually make other disciples who also make other disciples. We are not re-creating the American model - we are praying for God to create a New Testament system of multiplication where every Christ follower makes a disciple who makes a disciple who also make disciples. Sounds heavy?

It is Biblical when you believe the Supremacy of the Great Commission. Just think if every believer in America would make one disciple this year and that disciple made one disciple this year. And then next year we do it all over again and again. If we would all do that for ten years America would be mostly filled with Christ followers. Of course God wants us to make more than one disciple per year and we should. But just think if we started out by believing the Great Commission is a mandate by God for each and everyone of us? This is what I am asking you to pray for, a movement where every believer makes disciples who make disciples.

I know some are gifted in Evangelism and their calling is greater. But that does not dismiss us from obeying. Please pray for the established Church to catch this vision too.

A few other prayer requests: I have about 20 people I am processing at present. We have two guys committed to going to Kansas City this summer. I am working on getting several as well for St. Louis. (Please pray that God will give us workers for this harvest and that God would give me wisdom as we select leaders). Sometime this spring I will call all my church planters together for a time of training. Also I am continuing to raise my financial support -God has been gracious and I am still about half way from our goal and the clock is ticking. Please keep praying that God will also raise up the resources that are needed.

I love each of you,

BOB

Bob Carder
Mission District Leader
Missionary Church, Inc.
636.698.4708

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters