Wednesday, June 21, 2006

CRANKING UP THE FUNDING MACHINE

Exciting things are on the immediate horizon as we find leaders who will lead our disciplemaking system in Kansas City and St. Louis. As we pray for God to send workers into the metro harvest region, God is answering those many prayers. We are receiving excellent leads on workers with interest in coming to these cities. Or you could say, the huge ball is beginning to roll.

Someone told me that finding workers would be the hardest task I will face.. In reality it is proving not to be so. I have learned that God is the One who stirs the hearts of leaders and He is the One who sends the workers. (It is God's job to send the workers --It is my job to pray that God will send us the worker's.) Isn't this way too cool.

The hardest job of all in this day of consumerism is finding the resources to fund the projects. I have concluded that most of our projects will need to be bi-vocational with each planter doing a part of the fundraising needed to fund the movement with me helping them. That's great and planter's are willing to sacrifice and do whatever they can to be able to serve God with whatever He asks of them.

But in reality, most every planter family will need start up funds. That's where you come in.

Is there anyway you can release funds for our Disciple-making system to get these planter teams in place? There are initial relocating expenses and funding needs to provide finances until jobs can be secured etc.

We need to get the FUNDING MACHINE CRANKED UP! Can you give, anthing??

If the answer is YES ---Send your check made out to "Missionary Church -Midwest District"
TO: Church Planting KC & SL
Midwest District
P.O. Box 94
Bentley, Kansas 67016

This is a crucial time as I continue to work on raising my support levels while now needing to raise some start up funding for the Todd Bush family -moving to Kansas City in August. As soon as I get their pciture I will post it on my blogsite.

As I pray for workers in the Harvest metro regions - I am now praying for God to stir hearts to release resources. Some of those who will give -I do not even know. As your heart is stirred -please respond as God leads. Remember -you will be blessed by obeying God and by laying up treasures or fruit in heaven.

I love you -- Bob

13 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Ricky said...

"our Disciple-making system"

Sorry, but when I see the word "our" in a sentence, particularly one dealing with "making disciples," I can't help but think "institutionalized Christianity."

One of the major problems with the IC is its supposed ability to "make disciples," most of which having to do with attending classes where prospective "disciples" learn more about the "church" organization than what it really means to be a disciple of Christ.

The result of these "disciple-making systems" then are cookie-cutter "believers" who more resemble the leader of the organization than Jesus.

Discipleship is a life-long process that incorporates the dying to ones self in order for Jesus Christ to be made alive and observed by others. It cannot be condensed nor taught but lived and learned as we walk with our brothers and sisters in Christ who are more mature than we are.

Unfortunately, we have placed far too much emphasis on "systems" instead of being willing to flesh out our salvation with the good, the bad and the ugly being acknowledged and appreciated.

So, please, stop with the "our systems" talk...it will only lead to pride and a distortion of what it really means to be a disciple of Christ.

 
At June 22, 2006 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This "system" is not really a system at all -- as I've tried to get Bob to define it for me over and over and over. Eh, Bob?

It may have been an unfortunate choice of words, but there is no "our system" thinking in this movement. Yet, we must use words to describe what we're doing in KC/SL. Thank God, literally, for grace.

Discipleship is, indeed, lifelong as you say. So is dying to one's self -- including one's preconceived notions and misperceptions. I must die each day and renew my commitment to Christ. In one sense of the word, this dying and renewing could be described as a "system."

Hang around. You'll not see any distortion of what being a disciple of Christ means here. You'll fit right in.

 
At June 22, 2006 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with ricky on this one. I have been saying and writing for a couple of months that when you attempt to name it and measure it you lose the essence of what one to one lifestyle and relationship evangelism is suppose to be. Further, folks don't want to be prospects (right Todd) nor do they want to be part of a system. They want to be valued and heard and understood. Great post ricky....

 
At June 22, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

When I describe "OUR" I include you and every other believer. It is our responsibility to make disciples who make disciples who make disciples. Whe I refer to system, you qare right it is a poor word...The system I describe if it is one which I do not believe it is, it what God has called us to.

As Jim writes, we all know I am stuck in terminolgy that is institutional, which I like you am trying hard to break.

And Mike, thanks for seeing my heart in the matter. I am not in for making myself look good. There is no pride (I sure hope and pray) just conviction to be part of a movement of God.

Thanks for all the comments, it will help me better serve the kingdom and keep my own motives in check.

You all three are people who care enough to be brutally honest with me and as is the case that honesty is even more defined in a blogsite. It all helps me in the end to be better served to reach our culture for Christ.

Let's all together never expect people to come to us --instead, let's take Jesus to them, wherever they are - bars etc as necessary.

In the future instead of "Our disciple-making system" it will be my pleasure to participate in God's work of making disciples who make disciples. Thanks a bunch

Remember guys, my philosophy and theology of the Church is in process. I also believe the whole acceptance of Christ and discipleship thing is a process. I do agree with you guiys ont this.

I'm with Rick on fleshing out our salvation, the good the bad the ugly withthe ugly being appreciated and vlaued.

"Our system" is over and God's movement is in.....

 
At June 22, 2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Even I make mistakes -just look at them in my previous post...

 
At June 27, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I said CRANKING UP not STALLING OUT.

Where are those Godly people who want to trust God for something great?

Where are those people what to make a kingdom investment?

 
At June 27, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I did some math in the shower the other morning. The steamed-up shower curtain makes a good dry-erase board...or would it be a wet-erase board?

Anywho...

George Barna believes that 4% of the American population are truly Biblical followers of Christ. That comes out to about 12 million people.

Out of those 12 million people, if only 8% of them (100,000) would give $1 (yes...one dollar) per month, we could finance 12 church plants each year with $100,000 each.

We need to find a way to harness this amazing funding potential!

 
At June 27, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

This gets me thinking about going to the shower for math brainstorming.

What a great thot and challenge...

I have some new thots I am going to hammer away on..

 
At June 28, 2006 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob: What avenues can we use to spread this funding idea? (though I must admit I never think math, not even in the shower, especially not in the shower...)

As always, I am at your disposal if you can use my abilities.

 
At June 28, 2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Bill said...

I have made a post on my blog about your movement and this $1 per person thought Bob and have given instructions on how to get the money to you.

I've also linked your post about your new couple in Kansas City.

Perhaps we could all begin by using the methods of spreading the word that we all have at our disposal.

I too am at your service Bob. Let me know how I can help. My check will be on it's way soon.

 
At June 28, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike, just do it and tell your friends about it. We could raise hundreds and thousands this way...

 
At June 28, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill, I am blessed by your generosity no matter how large or small. You really do care and believe in what we are doing. Your response proves it more than words. Thank you!

 
At June 28, 2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I will be doing that. I'm already crafting the email. Just let me know if I can do anything else for you to use in a wider way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters