Wednesday, February 28, 2007

In contrast...

Do all those planned/programmed outreach programs of the church really work? Oh, I know they accomplish something, they always do. But I am digging deeper here, do they really work? I mean, when they are over do they continue with individual ownership? Or, do those previously involved in the outreach settle in and wait for the next church planned event/ministry?

Have we largely replaced personal driven outreach (living in the lives of others) with a planned event we call outreach? Is this really something to brag about? Does the church driven outreach program(s) get us off the hook and lift our personal responsibility?

I know church driven outreach events are not bad in and of themselves. This we agree! It's the way these type of things circumvent the real deal of being outreach as Christ followers. I can't see Jesus joining the gig!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters