Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My day!

Today I am catching up on a slew of details and planning while continuing my missional fund raising and recruiting. I'm a missionary to the larger cities of America. The fund raising for support is the hardest part! That is until today! Today I do something so much more difficult.

To be very vulnerable, in a very weak and passionate moment I gave Michelle dance lessons with me for Christmas. We go places and couples are dancing and she has wanted me to get out on the floor with her in my arms. Oh my goodness! So I pay for the lessons (the easy part) and I get my butt on the dance floor, what was I thinking? I can see it now, a graying 49 year old man with a growing pot belly stumbling all over the place in the arms of this God given beauty. It reminds me of the beauty and the beast movie!

Tonight we begin our Swing Dance lessons at My King Studio of Dance, a Jesus honoring dance studio. Psalm 149:2-4 is on their brochure - ..."Praise His name with dancing.."

What was I thinking? I have a knot in my gut! Pray world, pray!

8 Comments:

At February 20, 2007 1:26 PM, Blogger Missional Jerry said...

Great blog as usual

I added a link today

S! (salute)

 
At February 21, 2007 6:25 AM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

How about an update? Are Michelle's feet OK today?

 
At February 21, 2007 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I demand video!

 
At February 21, 2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

To all my compassionate friends. It wasn't all bad since we were the only couple. That means we got private lessons. There were mirrors all over the place so I could see my every blundering move.

Now I am practicing my steps with Michelle in our kitchen. I keep saying that's enough for now and Michelle says, just one more time and 50 times later I exhausted.

Dancing? Fun? Who said that?

It's not my feet that hurts. It's my brain!

 
At February 21, 2007 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dancing! You've inspired me. I'm giving my wife dancing lessons for our anniversary this year! We'll come dance with you.

 
At February 21, 2007 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dancing! You've inspired me. I'm giving my wife dancing lessons for our anniversary this year! We'll come dance with you.

 
At February 22, 2007 12:56 PM, Blogger gltnforpnshmnt said...

step, step, rock step-step.

 
At February 22, 2007 9:10 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Adam, I'll try those romantic steps with Michelle before turning in tonight!

Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters