Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sign of the week

I encountered this Church sign on my labor Day travels.

"ALL CHURCH PICNIC" September **, 2007.


As I passed this church sign on a busy street and these questions filled my mind.

Are the non churched invited?
What is an ALL church? Was is a half a church?
If it is for the "ALL" in the CHURCH why are they bragging about it to the uninvited?

Just trying to think like an unchurched person. What do you think when you read a sign like this?

I saw another sign, ALL are welcome to our services and then listed the times. I loved that one. If you are an attractional church this is a good way to invite from a distance, I just wish the invite wasn't just (maybe) from a distance.

1 Comments:

At September 04, 2007 12:45 PM, Blogger Lori said...

The best was the sign up the street from us a few weeks ago -

"All are Welcome!" and then their parking lot was chained and gated closed to prevent anyone from parking in their lot. HA!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters