Friday, March 21, 2008

Why do so many people hate America?

David had some good thought provoking comments in a recent post so I thought I'd try to learn more from all of you.

I hope this post will not become a bash America post, but I would be interested in knowing how you feel. I was born in America and while we have many flaws and have made millions of mistakes, I am still proud to live in the land of the free. While I am proud to be an American I am also concerned with the world and what we can do to make the world a better place to live. I grieve world violence and the poorest of living conditions around the world and also in America.

My role in the Disciple Driven Church movement is one that seeks to lead people into a relationship with Jesus that releases people from the oppression of Satan and his efforts to destroy and attack what was once a beautiful and perfect creation.

Why do so many hate America? And if you hate America, please don't hate Jesus because of us. Jesus isn't an American Savior, He is the world's Savior.

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2008 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My role in the Disciple Driven Church movement is one that seeks to lead people into a relationship with Jesus that releases people from the oppression of Satan and his efforts to destroy and attack what was once a beautiful and perfect creation."

Totally agree and I would challenge you to look at who Jesus is most critical of...the wealthy and the self righteous. That describes our country. Perhaps we should be teaching a Christianity that sells all and seeks the greater good rather than one that seeks prosperity and a feel good Jesus. Not saying that is what you are doing, just an observation on many (more than 51%?) of Christians in this country.

 
At March 22, 2008 12:51 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Anon, well put. You are probably looking at far more than 51% of Christians in America who fall into the feel goodism Christianity.

I would say it is more in the 90% category.

My greatest opposition to the Disciple Driven Church movement that requires all believers to make disciples who make disciple who...comes from the established church. A clear majority often seem threatened when the standard for discipleship requires personal sacrifice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters