Saturday, September 27, 2008

For me...

While I love tradition I fight like mad with all my heart the sin of traditionalism. You must understand the difference between good tradition and traditionalism. The American Church is full of the sin of traditionalism and many do not or refuse to see or admit it. Tradition may guide us but traditionalism controls us. That control or limitation for God is sin in her ripest form. Traditionalism puts God in a box and then calls that good.

Jesus came to set us free so that we could be free indeed to obey Him at whatever cost.

And, no cost is too high to experience freedom in Christ.

Are you free? You gotta step into the inner court to experience this freedom.

Anyone out there experiencing this freedom? What's it like for you?

1 Comments:

At October 06, 2008 10:50 PM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Not sure what you mean here. Traditionalism? Is not tradition the same as an "ism"? Do you mean that just following a pattern is wrong? I drive to work every day going the same pattern. This is my way to get to the office. How is my "wayism" wrong?

Who should tell me my Sunday ritual of 10:15 am worship is wrong?

Is a pattern bad? When is a pattern bad?

Traditions that are contrary to the Word of God is of course wrong...so is doing it for the first time.

I need more substance on this entry.

Please list the traditionalisms that are wrong and what makes them wrong. Even a passage of Scripture with the prohibition would help.

Or what traditionalisms are okay? Can you tell me of what the Scripture says is okay to do as a ritual?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters