Thursday, November 06, 2008

After praying I must post this...STINGING COLUMN!

First let me say that Obama is a God placed leader for our future. I support him and so should all of us. He will be our next President if God wills it.

I have come to believe that the ineffectiveness of the Republican Party to be the direct result of the ineffectiveness of the modern American Church. When the church decided to move out of the larger cities of America - the needs of the people we are supposed to meet; the poor,the widows and orphans went largely unmet. The very people God warned us to take care of- are the people the church has largely forsaken. I didn't even mention that the church is not changing society! What happened to our light and salt and ability to lead people into consecration and freedom in Christ? That's another column.

Then came Obama, and he gave the homeless,widows, orphans and the poor a tremendous hope and he spoke to their needs and in return they (and others of course) rose up and elected him the next President of the United States. It was the people the church ignored who made a difference in this election. They spoke! We should listen. God is speaking, are we listening?

The thing that saddens me is that I have contributed to the ignorance of real needs in real places. I repent of that, but I also promise to never again ignore the people God told us to pay attention to. He cares about the poor, the needy, the homeless, the orphans and widows. I'm glad they will have an advocate in the White House. I know they have an advocate in heaven! Obama spoke to their needs and they heard him. They are not hearing the Church in America this way. Where is the voice and compassion of Jesus?

I just pray that the Church in America will wake up and take our rightful place in declaring the Glory of God by meeting the needs of people, the physical and spiritual, of those who all matter to God.

The Conservative Republican Party is where she is today because the modern American Church is where she is today, both are ineffective to meet the real needs of society. There is a correlation. We believers bear responsibility for not making a difference in the darkest and hardest places in America. We know the need is present - we have just come to ignore it. God, please forgive me, please!

To see what we are doing in Disciple Driven Church and Sun Ministries check us out.

You can help us make a difference. We need your help! Will you help us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters