Saturday, February 04, 2006

I Did Celebrate

After enduring my birthday like I have for 47 birthdays I decided to celebrate the day after. For my entire life, birthdays were less than desirable. I cannot remember a birthday cake when I was growing up. I may be feeling sorry for myself. I cannot figure out why everything that can go wrong will go wrong on my birthday. We beat it though, this year we still celebrated the day after. We went to Texas Roadhouse my favorite restaurant and had a great time, just Michelle and I. Praise the Lord!

Today, I carried over my birthday celebration and took Michelle to the Apple Antigue Place 1 hour west of Wentzville late this afternoon and we got some stuff. I found a steal of a deal and purchased three Indiana relics for $20.00. These are my finest arrowhead/axe heads to my collection. These are by far my largest pieces. Chel got some stuff for the house. A great time togehter indeed! You know what they say about all work and no play!

I'm reminded of God's wonderful grace and even in a fallen world -He is still God. I do live Him very much.

So I ask, what do the rest of you do on your birthday? How is your birthday usually? Do you really have a good time? Give me your thoughts.

4 Comments:

At February 05, 2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I wondered if anyone would catch that.

 
At February 06, 2006 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I do on my birthday?

I tend to expect too much of birthdays and them am let down that my "dreams" don't come true.

I've been trying to have more reasonable expectations, but I'd rather people make a bigger deal on my birthday than on other holidays.

And I really love Valentine's Day! I try to make a big deal out of that, but "other people I know" don't consider Valentine's Day much more than a Hallmark created holiday. Sigh...

LOL!

 
At February 09, 2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! We are glad you made another year. May the Lord bless you and keep you healthy for many more because we would like to see you again.

 
At February 17, 2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Dave,

I mis you and your beautiful family. We will be alive when you arrive back from Hungary. You are my favorite Missionary family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters