Thursday, May 18, 2006

Did you ever stop to think...

Did you ever stop to think that some people have actually done good things for the God while also hindering the spread of Christianity in America. Oh, we can drop alott of names and we can tell each other what those recognizable names (people) have said in their pulpits or on their radio or television broadcasts. But have you ever thought about the damage they may have done or are doing to turn people away from Christ?

I do think we have it wrong. We focus on a few things that we must not do so that we are never stumblings blocks to them. Did you ever stop to think that the content of "Not being a stumbling block" may have everything to do with hindering them from becoming a Christ follower? Some of the things we choose as markers of holiness and godliness are actually hindrances.

Could we be hindering people from becoming Christ followers by our pride, arrogance, judgemental spirit's, among others things?

While we attempt to look pure we may be hindering the spread of the Gospel by our own arragance, pride and judgement of others. Could you sit with a professed gay or lesbian and love them because Jesus loves them?

Could we be hindering the spread of the Gospel by our response to the world? I know I have failed in this in the past. I refuse to let it control and determine my future. I choose to love, accept and forgive because that is what Jesus would do.

So sinners are welcome in my life because I am the chief sinner of all. You will find my welcome sign out and ready for company. Even you are welcome because you are like me and we are like each other and we also share the struggles of the unreached more than we like to admit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters