Thursday, May 18, 2006

Everyday

Everyday I take a walk and I meet a new neighbor or I speak to a neighbor I have already met. These are the days of seclusion. We pull into our garages and hide out in our fenced in yards.

Now is the time to meet my neighbors and build relationships with them. In time I will be able because of relationships to share Jesus with them.

Everyday I take deliberate steps to build relationships with my neiborhood.

This is what Jesus has taught me to do. The interesting thing is that everywhere I go and stop to talk, people are always receptive, no matter what they are doing.

Everyday, I do something relationally with someone and I know in time the investment of time and relationships will pay big dividends for the harvest.

Everyday, I meet someone and I befriend them.

Isn't this what Jesus teaches us to do? Will someone give me their thoughts? Or would you rather use all you energy up -going to Church and being satisfied? While thousands sit in a pew on Sunday mornings and go home feeling good about their accomplishments and service - millions in our our world are still without Christ.

It's not about Sunday ---It's about Jesus. When did you last take a walk in your neighborhood? The weather is pretty nice and people are out. Will you join me in meeting our neighbors?

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Hi Bob!

I thought maybe you would resonate with a bost I made to my blog yesterday. Here's the link:

http://windowatspringhill.blogspot.com/2006/05/movements-monuments.html

I tend to be a little...ahem..."direct" sometimes. I apologize in advance for offending anyone in a way that dishonor's Christ.

Bob, if it's inappropriate for me to post this link here...please delete it.

Bless you brother!

 
At May 19, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill, I'm all for your post here and your post content elsewhere. I love the way you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters