Monday, May 01, 2006

We Will Help Anyone...

That's right, we will help anyone reach lost people for Christ. It makes no difference if you are Missionary, Nazarene, Baptist, Evangelical Free, Catholic, or whoever. We will help anyone and everyone who seeks to reach and disciple lost people. We want to create a Disciple-making movement that reaches our cities for Christ. Can you imagine a Church that is the Church made up of many denominations and or movements that join together in making disiciples? Can you imagine all of us working together making disciples who make disciples who make disciples?

What if instead of primarily building our denomination we focussed on building the kingdom? Wouldn't everyone grow if we did that? And wouldn't it be right if we made disciples who made disciples even if they didn't connect with our own denomination?

Here's my deal. I will help anyone and everyone make disciples who will make disciples who will make disciples. To prove it I have decided to be responsible for pulling together a team of people from differing denominational perspectives for the purpose of working together to engage a movement that takes responsibility for the nearly 5 million people living in the metro regions of Kansas City and St. Louis.

I'm wondering if anyone else would want to do this in your city? Would some of you like to join this team here in St. Louis or over in Kansas City? Would you pray with me that God would send workers (who care about lost people) into this harvest field?

Would you share your thoughts with me?

4 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that you are on to something here once again. As we encounter struggles and difficulties in the Church today, I can’t but help think back to the New Testament Church and believe that the answers are imbedded in the truths that Jesus left with His disciples. Jesus commissioned the disciples to pass on the truth He had taught them: “All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:25-26). Can you just imagine the power in the American Church if she would rise up and recapture this commission of discipleship??? Jesus goes on to conclude in v.27 "I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.” I would challenge that the problem is the Church has not taken heed to this promise. The fear is of Discipleship. Can you imagine where we would be if the early Apostles had this fear of Discipleship? The early Church spread beyond the bounds of Judaism and became an International Religion, persecution scattered the early Church in all directions, but the growth was exponential. How did this happen? Simple – Jesus commissioned the disciples to pass on the truth he had taught them – Discipleship. May God help us.

 
At May 03, 2006 12:14 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

BM-INDIANA

You are sooo right. Imagine what would happen if only we would do what Jesus told and taught us to do. We are so busy getting prepared for the harvest every Sunday that we miss it and while we miss it souls are lost and dying and without Jesus! Thanks for your excellent comments.

 
At May 04, 2006 1:30 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

BM-Indiana -I read and reread your thots and the more I read the more I resonate with what you say. The Holy Spirit is making you wise for the kingdom. Enjoy being used by Him!

 
At May 04, 2006 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your encouraging and supportive words. I am confident that it is indeed a process. There is nothing more gratifying than “being used by Him” I resonate with Martin Luther that “my conscience is taken captive by God’s Word.” Praise God for the wonderful counselor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters