Saturday, June 10, 2006

Prayer Letter -June 10

Dear Faith Partners,

As I write I am excited that we have some things coming up that I can share that need lots of prayer. The foundation of creating a disciple-making movement is being set. God is at work, we give Him praise.

Next week I will be in Kansas City to meet with Todd and Yolanda Bush. This couple is poised and ready to move into Kansas City to the north. They are coming to Kansas City to check out places to live, the schools for their children etc. Please pray that they will have a safe journey and a profitable time. Todd has been to Kansas City but Yolanda has never been. Please pray for Yolanda to have the clear call that Todd has for the city. No one is dragging their feet, I just want Yolanda to feel a strong leading as well. As all goes well, the Bush family will move to Kansas City the first week of August, by faith. Please keep praying for their funding needs. We have another guy poised and ready to move near the downtown area of Kansas City later in August. When everyone has been notified on his end I will share his full name. For now just pray for Anthony and for a smooth transition and for a job as he will be bi-vocational.

I'm in great need of prayer on two fronts. I also need to complete my funding. Since I am just halfway on my monthly contributions I need to raise the other half very soon and I am desperate for God to help me. I thought the fundraising component would be the easy part -but it is not. Thanks to all of you who share resources out of love for us and God's work. The second great need has to do with pulling together community leaders as we developed VisionUSA teams for Kansas City and St. Louis. We need a strong group in order to invite VisionUSA to these cities. When VisionUSA comes they will help us raise dollars for Church Planting Teams. Please pray that God will connect us to the right people as we seek to pull these teams together this summer.

Please feel free to send emails back letting us know you are still praying and anything we can pray with you about. This is the first time in our lives when we have moved to a city without moving to a different Church to pastor. So it is a different transition for us. When we hear from friends it brings great joy to our hearts. I am getting a sense for how Missionaries feel when they move to a different country. I guess we are like Missionaries to the larger cities of America.

Please stay in touch,

BOB

Bob Carder
Mission District Leader
Missionary Church, Inc.
http://theplanter.blogspot.com

6 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Daddy, Manf and Bean said...

Hi Bob,
here to say hi, introduce myself, send some blog links and let you know many of us just north of Boston are praying, networking and seeking God for much of what you describe as your passion. wondering if you know of any happenings north of Boston, southern NH?
Soli Deo Gloria!
Danny
www.p66.blogspot.com
www.daomp.blogspot.com

 
At June 12, 2006 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Father, we thank you for Bob and the ministry he is undertaking in your name. Knowing, as we do, that you will undergird him, we praise you in advance for doing that.

Encourage him, Father, and encourage his wife, Michele, as well. They are serving you, gladly and wholeheartedly, from a position of need that only you can fulfill. We know that you will do so and you will be glorified.

Plant the thought, again, Lord in the minds of those you are calling to support the expansion of your kingdom in KC and SL. Encourage them to be faithful to your call and to give sacrificially, gladly, and often!

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning (and throughout the day!) our songs do rise to you.

Amen

 
At June 12, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Danny,

I would love to speak with you. Have you heard about VisionUSA and the incredible funding that is available? I'd like to help you learn more. Send me contact info.

I love your heart.

 
At June 12, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike,
How can I ever thank you for such a beautiful prayer. You have blessed us with a blessing beyond words.

Love you bro,

 
At June 19, 2006 10:04 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

dao,

I love what I read and what I hear from you. Let's connect even more deeply.

 
At June 19, 2006 10:04 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

dao,

I love what I read and what I hear from you. Let's connect even more deeply.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters