Friday, September 01, 2006

Dave DeVries speaks out...

Dave DeVries writes, I am now focused on fueling missional movements by equipping and empowering pastors and church planters to embrace missional practices, and partnering with denominational leaders to strategically multiply churches across America.

Desired Outcomes

1) To encourage and empower local church leadership . . .

a) To abandon Americanized Christian practices.

b) To return to Christ’s mission for the church.

c) To develop local churches as missional training communities.

d) To mobilize every member as missionaries who engage the culture with the gospel.

2) To equip denominational leaders and missionaries with strategies to fuel missional movements that transform America.

a) Mobilizing missional leaders

b) Integrating missional practices

c) Initiating missional strategies

d) Planting missional communities and churches

For the entire post please visit: www.onechallenge.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Alright I'll make the first comment. I love it all Daves stuff but... Why isn't the Great Commission stated with supremacy?

Folks, if I was present when Jesus rose from the dead as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and gave me this Great Commission (called Great for a reason) I would get off my butt (or pew) and start doing it. What part of this don't people understand?

I think Dave means this but I wish he would put more teeth in it publicly. And I love Dave. He is on the right track and his train is moving fast down the track to save America from ending up like Europe. And, I think he will have a huge part in being used by God to change the American Church and her self serving purposes.

Does anyone wonder like me -why all of the suddden there is so much talk about this very thing? (Could God be at work?) Those who do not see or help their church see it will be left behind to die a very painful death. Others will reap a harvest like never seen in America before.

Even after I am dead, I just pray someone will remeber that I said it first. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters