Friday, September 01, 2006

It sure hits me in the face..

After 23 years in senior ministry plus a few more I am seeing things differently. And what I am seeing is both freeing and also very painful. It is painfully hard to look back and it is incredibly freeing as I look forward. Looking back I see allot of man working's and looking forward I see allot of Holy Spirit released. As soon as we lead people to Christ we should "teach them to obey" by getting them involved in obeying, and as they & we obey (God) the Holy Spirit will lead, guide and teach us. Why did I get in His way?

Neil Cole in "Organic Church" got me again. And the Holy Spirit keeps working on me. He writes, "There are two closely related sins we need to repent of in the Western church. First, we need to repent of under-estimating what God can do through a new believer. Second, we need to repent of over-estimating our own value in helping new converts grow and become strong believers. The real sting in these assumptions is that we think we are better able to help people than the Holy Spirit Himself is." "If we actually think that having our good teaching curriculum will make the difference, we are more deceived than we realize."

Thanks again, Neil!

1 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 1:05 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Here I go again...

Is what we are doing working?

Can't you be honest with me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters