Monday, September 11, 2006

This is discipleship.....

It really works. Wherever I go people are receptive to sharing their story as doors are opened as love and compassion are shown as Jesus leads the way. (I'm not wonderful but the God flowing through me is GREAT!) This evening I met Inga at the hotel gathering as she cooked quasadilla's for hotel guests. We became bonded in our hearts. This older mother of twins talked about her life and shared about her grandson's and shared her story (a story that brought both joy and even tears to my eyes). I'm not emotional but I couldn't help it as she shared her story of joy and pain. She loves Jesus and Jesus has carried and sustained her through tough and trying times. Tonight we listened, supported and loved her -- and I cannot help but wonder if as I gave her a hug that just maybe -- God in His wonderful way was using my arms to hug her and show her His love.

I'm learning that being a Christ ambassador/follower is easier than I thought. All I have to do is love people where they are and be interested in who they are (name) and what is going on in their lives while being patient to wait for God to open the doors. I am learning to be sensitive to God's Holy Spirit and becoming willing to love and be interested in everyone I meet. As I do this simple thing, doors are flying open for me to represent Jesus. It may not happen everyday, but everyday I am aware that this could be the day and if it is I rejoice and if it is not I look forward to tommorrow.

Tonight I had a discipleship encounter with Inga - she needed to talk and we listened, she needed a hug and she got two of them, she needs prayer and I know you will pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters