Saturday, September 02, 2006

No good deed goes (unpunished or ?).

This morning Leroy, my neighbor noticed my two drivers side tires were flat. What would I do? He knew that I had helped a neighbor (my Mormon neighbor) with a good deed last night. You got it, I helped my neighbor haul huge chunks of a tree for splitting. He was moving the wood with his sons wagon, two huge chunks at a time, quite some distance. So when I heard he needed help I took my truck to the rescue.

The morning my other neighbor across the street ( Leroy) said this to me: "No good deed goes unpunished". Even though I ruined two tires (I apparently ran over roofing staples) at a huge expense to me, but I still disagree with Leroy and he knows it.

I believe that "No good deed goes un-blessed by God. We are people of faith and we will never know the why (I got two flat tires resulting in two new tires and money spent) but God is at work and we may never see the outcome, but God will.

While at the tire shop (grieving) the guy at the counter said this to me as I told him what happened, he said: "It will come back to you."

Stewart ( my mormon neighbor - I helped) will never know about the tires - because God just wanted me to help him. I am reminded tonight of the cost and blessings of living Jesus in my neighborhood. Someone told me today, "you'll never do that again!" Guess what, I will do it again because I must be a little Jesus in my neighborhood. It will be messy, it may be costly and even painful -but in light of eternity it will never come back void. I will never understand it -but I will trust God for it.

Believe me when I tell you this: I do not get praise for a good deed, but God gets the glory. You are hearing this story as a lesson of what we are to be in the world, a little Jesus who will do what is needed regardless of the mess. I heard about my neighbors need for help through circumstances that had to be from God.

No good deed goes un-blessed by God. He will always use it no matter how painful.

1 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

What no sympathy or empathy?

Whatsup! Where are my burden bearers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters