Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Stand Amazed...

I was privileged to speak with a friend (John) from Indiana this evening. We spoke together a long time. It was so nice to have him call me and for us to share hearts together.

The defining moment of the conversation was when John told me he doesn't do a good job of inviting people to his church. I told him he was not commanded to bring people to church -He was commanded to bring Jesus to the people.

He told me that he doesn't do a good job confronting people about being hell-bound. I told him it was not his job to confront them -it was his job to befriend them in a way as to open the door for a deepening relationship so they can see Jesus in us in a wat that draws them to Jesus.

Did he understand what I was saying? I am convinced he doesn't - because he is programmed in a way that keeps him from understanding the original intent of Jesus' life, message and mandate for carrying on His message.

I am saddend by the fact that people are so churched to bring people into the church instead of taking the Jesus in our lives to people in the world who are lost. The churches refuses to see clearly what Jesus told us to do: "Seek and Save" that which is lost. We are no longer seeking!
And because we are not seeking - the God in us is not saving either.

I grieve over this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters