Sunday, December 24, 2006

The birthday of Jesus - Let's party!

The birthday of Jesus - Let's party!

I will be forever amazed that God would become man on our behalf, that He would choose to come as a baby and that baby would be very human and very divine. What a difference He makes in the lives of those who accept Him. Yet, there is so much more He wants to do, so many more He wants to touch, so many more He longs to draw to Himself, so many more He desires to transform. We have a charge to keep and that charge is clear as we remember the real reason Jesus came. He showed us the why and He commands us to keep the why going.

This Christmas I see a world that is searching. I see an emerging openness to Jesus and a growing disconnection from the church in America. People may be leaving the church as we know it -but many are seeking and still serving Jesus. Some of the unreached are overwhelmingly hungry to know Him while others are hungry but are not sure why.

While wishing you a Merry Christmas - my heart goes out to those who do not know the Christ of Christmas. When my waitress was asked by my friend, "What does Christmas mean to you?" She replied, "It means that I have to work on Christmas Eve while most of the people are off and it is a time for our family to get together." My friend said, "Does Christmas mean anything more?" She said, "No that's about it -we have some gifts, we have our family, we eat some good food. And, that's about it."

This Christmas I pray that all Christ followers would begin promoting Jesus (not just your church) everyday by living Jesus in the world. I can't nor do I want to draw people to myself. But, I am willing for Jesus to draw people to Himself through me.

Let's not just have a Jesus birthday party on December 25th. Why not have millions of Jesus birthday parties throughout this next year? It can be Jesus' birthday everyday as He is born anew in the hearts of millions in 2007. Whether you know it or not -Jesus can and does draw people to Himself if only we would let Him use us.

Let's Party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters