Saturday, December 23, 2006

Church members, please read.

Jesus came not to be served, but to serve. What an example for all to follow. But how many churches are full of those whiners instead of winners? How many whiners instead of servers?

In church history pastors have served enough whiners to circle the globe at least once. I won't mention all the whiners and what they whine about in the church. Why don't we just tell those members to shut up, get off the pot, get their heads out of the pickle jar and stay away from prune juice?

Let's kick our whining members out of the nursery and just let em sit in their own pew or was it pewww -E. I'm tired of all the whining so I decided to whine about the whining but I'm sure all the whiners will blame me for their whining so they can keep whining and instead continue their whining to others so that the others will start whining until the church is full of whiners who spend their lives making more whining members. If church whiners do enter the world where people live and work they still whine about all the non-whiners who serve them but never well enough.

Pastors, we must stop baptizing in lemon juice and serving prune juice at potlucks.

7 Comments:

At December 23, 2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Less caffeine, Bob; less caffeine. Works every time. Try it.

 
At December 26, 2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike E, Are you a church member? Are you blaming caffeine on my boldness here? HAH! Oh, I almost forgot I brought you into church membership didn't I?

My big problem is that if I consume less coffee I'd only get a half a cup each day. My daily coffee intake is now only one cup a day!

I know you can't believe it. But as you know my life is very different after being your pastor. Back then, I had to consume anything I could to be motivated enough to keep doing what I felt in my heart was not working.

 
At December 28, 2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Darn, I thought I would get beat up a little or a lot. Shucks.

No fireworks - New Year's - what a shame.

I'll try to kick harder next time.

 
At December 29, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger spamthewunderdog said...

I think Mike's point is some of what my point is...were not sure if you think that you can be wrong.

 
At December 30, 2006 12:44 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Spam, if I am wrong prove it. I am not always right, but I have
been around the barn on this one.

Correct me if I am wrong. You have all the space to write that you need.

Please indicate however if you are a member or a pastor.

Start writing!

 
At January 01, 2007 1:47 AM, Blogger spamthewunderdog said...

Bob,

I am a pastor...and I am not trying to prove anything. I have never said that you were wrong, nor do I believe it to be so. What I am saying however, is that the "right" you are saying is, and has been at times towards me wrapped in a "tone" that makes me believe that you don't want me to learn from you...but rather that you want me to agree with you.

Those are two very different things:

One says that you value me as a learner...and possible disciple.

The other says that you value yourself as a teacher.

That may not be what Mike E. is saying, and I may be jumping on his gun to hard...

But I am not here to prove anything, I am here to learn.

 
At January 01, 2007 11:10 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Spam that is everyone's story. Let's keep sharing and learning. Let's consider this. I value you as a teacher and I am committing myselfalso to learning.

Any leader that is not teachable is not a leader. I sure want to be a leader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters