Monday, December 18, 2006

Stop the bleeding..

My friend yet another casualty of the American church. I heard the story so many times, too many to count. The story is always "tragic" and when heard it always affects me differently. These days it seems more tragic and more painful to watch happen over and over by the ones who claim to know Jesus. When will the bleeding stop?

My friend told me today, "I feel hopeless". He needs our prayers as he and his family are alone. Thrown away! For no biblical reason, just thrown away.

Will we ever stop the bleeding? Does the church have to do this over and over and over leaving those who love the Bride of Christ disillusioned and destroyed by her.

Let's pray for my friend and all the other pastors who have been wounded beyond human healing.

Does anyone else need our prayers?

4 Comments:

At December 19, 2006 8:13 AM, Blogger gltnforpnshmnt said...

Yes! A friend of mine in NYC had just gotten her ex-boyfriend to start attending her "amazing, dynamic" church with a great Rob Bell-like pastor, a church especially designed for young, educated, scholarly urban professionals. The church grew from 5 to 600 in 14 months.

And then the pastor admitted to the congregation two weeks ago he had been having an affair. Needless to say, this guy's new relationship with Christ is ruined.

 
At December 20, 2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,

It always grieves me when the church behaves in this way. Will we ever stop the bleeding, you ask? No. Unfortunately, I do not think so. Not so long as the church is governed by man, instead of God.

I know the pain from both sides of the relationships, unfortunately.

 
At December 20, 2006 11:16 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Mike, I know that pain from both sides also!

Whn people go through this they are never the same again, infortunately.

Merry Christmas my friend, my true friend.

 
At December 20, 2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Adam, success is a dangerous thing with traps along the way.

I pray for your friend and this pastor who fed disilusionment.

Tell your friend that could happen to all of us and esp. to leaders who are on the move to make a difference. Satan loves to knock out the leaders and he sits like a roaring lion waiting for those whome he can devour.

Tell your friend to put His faith and trust in Jesus and in Jesus alone. Men fails us and her hurt us and destroy us but God never ever fails.

When Jesus is all you have, Jesus is all you need.

Adam, thanks for the wonderful Christmas card, we love and cherish it. Thanks for thinking of us.

Love yah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters