Saturday, December 16, 2006

Our Gathering - Some call it a church service.

We gathered today! We meet in small groups during the week and we gather together as a family a couple times a month. We don't meet on Sunday on purpose. If you want to know the reason Pastor Terry can answer that question, he knows why! When we meet together we always share communion, sing some, pray, look into the Word and we sure love those potlucks!

As I have watched the progression of this movement under Pastor Terry's leadership it is becoming something I have never dreamed I would see in my lifetime. I don't have the words to describe it - works like "Organic" & "Missional" don't even come close to what I am seeing in this movement of "incarnational transformation". Showing people who Jesus is and allowing the Spirit of God to use us - however, wherever and whenever rules the day, every day.

Today there was so much more! Today the True Vine family listened to God and shared what He prompted them to share. There were tears of joy over the miracles of lives touched and transformed all without a sermon or an offering or a facility of our own. God was there as we shared what it means to do ministry as the Holy Spirit leads us to the people who are ready to see Him. We can hardly wait until the things we see God do are not surprises anymore, but instead, common and daily occurrences. Which is just around the corner for sure.

I could say more, but Pastor Terry can say it so much better. Watch the progress of this unfolding movement of God. www.sunministries.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

At December 16, 2006 6:20 PM, Blogger Dr. Terry M. Goodwin said...

After what I experienced today I need to take a day and spend some time putting into words what God is doing here. I will post an update but it will not be until Sunday.

 
At December 16, 2006 6:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love hearing about all that God is doing in your faith community! Keep posting!

 
At December 16, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I am with you guys, I am amazed at the transformation that has and is ocurring in mature and even baby believers of True Vone and beyond.I'm in awe of what God can do if we will trust Him.

I'm almost speechless and for those who know me this is a miracle.

 
At December 16, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thqnks Dave for the huge encouragement! God is doing something I have never seen in my entire ministry of 24+ years. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

 
At December 16, 2006 11:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My Over-Blogging Friend - it is hard to imagine you speechless. But then again, you said - "almost speechless" - which is indeed miraculous.

May our Awesome God continue to amaze you and leave you without words...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters