Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm back!

When Jesus is all you have, Jesus is all you need.

We survived a house fire that consumed our every possession, a motorcycle, two vehicles and all contents in the home. It was a hot fire and the house went quickly. Some believe my throttle float stuck on my motorcycle sending gasoline onto a hot motor. A rare and unusual occurance. Some say it took about 20-30 minutes for the fire to ravage our home. Four fire trucks were initially dispatched with 2 of them breaking down and one getting lost. So there was a second alarm! I really do not think I would have made it had I not left the garage when I did due to Michelle's frantic calls for me to come out. About 2 seconds upon getting out, the garage door and ceiling colapsed onto the car. God spared my life.

I received burns on my back, forehead, both arms. My left arm and forehand required skin graphing and while it looks gross it is healing.

Thanks for your prayers for continued healing and for all the decisions we must make to rebuild and get back on our feet.

I'll be be back to blogging when I get my own computer back on Monday or so.

11 Comments:

At March 31, 2007 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear you are doing better. I have really been praying for you and Michelle. Our study school class and church had special prayer last Sunday. Things happen so quickly. Thank our God that he spared your life.
Still praying.
Joanne Adams

 
At April 01, 2007 1:34 AM, Blogger Scott said...

We've continued to pray for you both since we heard about your fire. We are thankful for your survival and pray for a quick and complete healing. We are traveling your direction at the end of April and hope to make arrangements to see you.

Scott Troyer

 
At April 02, 2007 12:09 AM, Blogger Jessica Sanford said...

Still praying for you, Carders... your faith and perseverence is a huge inspiration to me. Keep on truckin'!

Much love,
Jessica

 
At April 02, 2007 7:23 AM, Blogger gltnforpnshmnt said...

Bob,
I'm so glad things are coming along ok...I hope your healing goes quickly.

Adam

 
At April 02, 2007 11:03 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Glad your back...really glad you are still here :)

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday so you can share.

Give a hug to Michelle....Judy

 
At April 03, 2007 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear this wonderful news. Let me know when you get back to moving around the state. I would love to see you in KC.
Jim Hemenway

 
At April 03, 2007 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,
I was looking for something else in my computer and found this Alan Redpath quote, and I was prompted to pass it on to you. Blessings!!
Lucy Kesler

There is nothing,
no circumstance,
no trouble,
no testing
that can ever touch me until,
first of all,
it has gone past God
and past Christ,
right through to me.
If it has come that far,
it has come with a great purpose,
which I may not understand
at the moment, but
as I refuse to become panicky,
as I lift up my eyes to Him and
accept it as coming from
the throne of God
for some great purpose of
blessing to my own heart,
no sorrow will ever disturb me,
no trial will ever disarm me,
no circumstance will cause
me to fret,
for I shall rest in the joy of what
my Lord is!

Alan Redpath

 
At April 04, 2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Rev. Rick Carder '87 / ' 03 said...

Bob: It is good to hear from you, brother. I have been praying for you! Rick Carder, Brother

 
At April 05, 2007 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, my good friend. Have missed you.

 
At April 05, 2007 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob, I heard about your house and Bike. I've ruined a few bikes and have caught a house on fire once too! Seriously, I have been praying for you also! I would love to help you get back on your feet. Please send me a needs/ wish list for anything you need and I will gladly share from my goodies anything you need. Love to buy you lunch in Wichita. Kiss your wife from us. Mark Springs www.countrypawn.com

 
At April 05, 2007 11:54 PM, Blogger Rick Dugan said...

Welcome back! Been praying ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters