Thursday, March 08, 2007

What? Can you or even will you?

What did you do this Sunday past Sunday that comes close to making disciples out of the unreached?

Was it the choir number, the sermon, offering, choruses, the greeting time, the special music and whatever all contained in the hour? What changed lives and spurred the congregation on in personally owning the Great Commission?

Too harsh! Tell me where God ever said, sing a choir number, or choruses, or have a greeting time, take an offering and preach a sermon after special music.

Where and when did we learn to do something Jesus never did?

Start moving those lazy fingers and answer my questions , that is, if you have anything at all to say.

Is it wrong to not expect much here?

4 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bob...are you okay my friend? Your last several posts have the flavor of anger.

 
At March 08, 2007 12:57 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Yes, I'm O.K. It's that darn passion and sarcasm again! I love stirring up the pot! It's fun!

 
At March 08, 2007 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do it quite well

 
At March 08, 2007 6:05 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Anonymous, what part do I do well?

Good or bad or whatever?

Should I have a sinking feeling? If so, please don't let me sink with it.

Where do you live anyway? I know don't I? (southern Indiana?) You write like someone I know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters