Thursday, March 01, 2007

Promoting church or Jesus? Does this really happen?

Recent discussion? Her Question: Are we still going to have that neighborhood Bible Study? My Answer: I still want to! My Question: If we do, will you be able to refrain from inviting them to your church? Her Answer: How can I not do that? My Response: It's not going to be about your church -it is going to be all about Jesus!

People often have a phobia about hanging out with the church gang because the church gang carries motives. At least some have in the past. Why are we always the ones making the first move to recruit people to our churches so that our churches can win them to Christ? Why is this good or bad?

Why are we so hell-bent on getting them to "our church" and not heaven - bent on getting them to Jesus?

Is having a Bible study in your neighborhood with motives to get them into your church a possible hindrance or not and why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters