Monday, May 21, 2007

It happened!

After a day of reflection I have some thoughts I would love to share with you.

This past weekend was the first of our Disciple Making/Church Multiplication training for our True Vine family. We met together on Saturday and Sunday for 2 days of intense training as Pastor Terry shared the Keystone principles of Making Disciples who Make Disciples. About 25 people gathered, clearing their schedules and making this a priority, we were changed. Four of us (Pastor Terry and Suzette, Dwight Levi and myself) already went through the Keystone training under Richard Greene. But this God anointed teaching was just as powerful and effective as Pastor Terry shared his heart with us.

God fell upon us. The event seemed more like a New Testament Church gathering than another seminar. Never in my life in all the settings I have served have I ever witnessed what I witnessed and experienced on Saturday and Sunday.

The Holy Spirit settled in. A prophetic voice (Dwight) was heard, another prophetic voice (Lauri)supported the first and we were challenged to confess our sin publicly and allow the group to pray over us. Two hours later there was not a dry eye or untouched heart in the place. Sin was confessed! Sin was forgiven by Jesus. The Church gathered as the Church and layed hands on those who needed prayer. I sat in the chair in the middle of the room. I shared my own heart with tears that almost refused to stop. Healing came upon me. It was like I stepped back in time when the Church was the Church.

As time goes on, I am experiencing what it means to be in a disciples making disciples movement. I am living in New Testament days where the common is replaced by the uncommon, where the plan is replaced by the unplanned, where miracles happen and are not just talked about.

It happened! I remain amazed in the presence of the only One God who could pull it off.

5 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger C.R. Goodwin said...

I cannot wait to see an UNBURDENED Bob and Michelle working in their passions and gifts. It will be truly amazing!

 
At May 22, 2007 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah and praises to God! Sounds like a great time and a great season with God.

 
At May 22, 2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Thanks CR! And Mike E., you can also experience what we did and do again and again!

 
At May 22, 2007 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for sending The Holy Spirit for what would we be without Him?
The Mercy of God allows mere sinfull man to be in the presence of a Holy God.
Jesus is King!

 
At May 24, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Brian, not only in the presence of God! It begins with that, perhaps, but the power and presence of God upon us is what is lacking in the church and in the world. If we have been in His presence, His presence will be seen in us through His present power living and working through us. Both the church and world need it. One refuses it, the other hungers and thirsts for it. I said the world is hungry and thirsty for the power and presence of God. We often think we can go to the center and sing a few feel good songs, look up to God, be fed and we think we have been in His presence.

If that is it - it is not enough for me. I hunger for more. We have often reduced the presence of God down to a service of worship where we get the empty imitation. People leave feeling full but the feeling is empty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters