Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Update

I'm writing my first official blog post since last Monday a week ago. Both arms arm bandaged from my hands over the elbow. I have an I.V. permanent line in my left upper arm. My left arm has the skin graphs and my right arm has the infection bandage. I look like quite a sight, for sure.

It has been a weird week since I last wrote. It feels great to be back in our apartment while we wait for our home to be completed from the fire. The nurse comes daily to change my elbow dressings and Michelle and I have been taught to do the IV antibiotic treatments every 6 hours. So far so good. The only bad thing was that our training on the I.V. was at Midnight on Saturday and when 6:00 a.m. the next morning rolled around I couldn't get all the bubbles out of the line and before I could stop them, well, they just went through. So now I'm just a couple bubbles off. Otherwise we are doing this now without any trouble. My pain is decreasing from where it was so that is a praise. The antibiotics seems to be working on this time of gram negative infection.

We will be glad when this ordeal is over for us. Less than 3 weeks more to go on the self administered I.V. treatments. We will continue the daily nurse wound care and every week another crew come sin for lab work.

God has been good through all of this. I'm so much better. Still not there but getting better every day.

See, God does answer prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters