Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm back, finally

Thanks to Melissa for giving you the heads up on my illness.

I got out of the hospital on Monday after a 5 day stay and surgery in the hospital. My infection from August looked good that is, until I got a different type of infection, this time a staff infection. My doctors (two of them) are handling things very carefully. They repeated my August surgery on Wednesday.

I'm supposed to be on complete bed rest which is a killer for me. The anti-biotic they wanted me on turns that out I am allergic to it. So I'm on the mother load -and we need to pray I do not develop an immunity to it.

This time of tribulation and testing will be over soon, we pray. But I am assured of God's grace and mercy and care. Just as they lifted up the arms of Moses for victory, I ask you to lift up my arms in prayer. One arm with skin grafts and the other with infection and a partial cast will do the trick.

I'll be back to aggravate when I get some more energy.

2 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob; My dear brother in Christ.

I am praying for you and will continue to pray until this trial
is over. All at True Vine are also
praying for you. Michelle is also
in our prayers. We love you both and miss seeing your smiling faces
at our Saturday gatherings.

Keep your faith strong and your
sence of humor. When you're up to it I have a special I.V. waiting for you. :-)

Your friend,
Fletch

 
At September 14, 2007 11:46 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Yeah, Fletch. I think the first I.V. you gave me should be put on Ebay and give the resources to planting church. What do you think?

All the nurses and doctors are still talking about it. It pays to have a sense of humor these days.

This even made my doctor who never smiles crack up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters