Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Global Prayer Network

Letter to GLOBAL PRAYER NETWORK from BOB CARDER
Disciple Driven Church Project - Coordinator, Midwest District
Missionary Church, Inc

We are thrilled that there is such a thing as the Global Prayer Network. It is our privilege to pray for the Missionary Church and her role fulfilling the mandate to "Go into all the world to make disciples". Michelle and I are also honored to lift others before the Lord who need intercession before God.

For us 2007 was a year that brought us to our knees in utter dependence upon God as Satan presented obstacles in our ministry and personal path. As we look back over the loss of my brother Glenn's suicide, our house fire that nearly took my life and the losses, my severe burns on my hand and left arm requiring skin grafts, then catching lyme disease, and 2 elbow infections that required two surgeries and the fight against staph infections the end result is that God brought us through much better on the other side of it all.

The most valuable lesson learned is that God needs me to wait for Him and then realize that if the Disciple Driven Church movement is to happen it will not happen because of me. God doesn't need me, I need Him to lead me without me getting ahead of Him. He showed us that while being laid up He would continue what He started here in St. Louis. God took me back to Moses and the fact that when the battle was being lost it was because his hands were not lifted up and when his hands were lifted the battle was being won. God allowed my left arm to be injured and then my right arm (elbow) and through it I could see my need to have my arms lifted up to Him through His warrior's of prayer. You did just that for us. Thank you!

Michelle and I are back in our home which is built better than it was originally and my health has been restored.

As for the ministry of building Disciple Driven Churches where all disciples learn to make disciples who make disciples, 2007 was the year of the greatest victory and harvest. True Vine Missionary Church, our base church, just 1 1/2 years ago has 2 other congregations in the birthing stage. These emerging congregations are also committed to rapid Disciple Driven Church expansion. God has raised up and released a small army of disciples who are committed at all costs to fulfilling the Great Commission. Now God has led us to go beyond St. Louis in various places we have been privileged to train disciple making servants who are being raised up by God. What some have said cannot happen in America is now happening in St. Louis and is spreading as God prepares people willing to sacrifice whatever in order to experience a life transformation that can only come through the Holy Spirit.

Michelle and I continue to serve in the work God has birthed in many ways as we continue the hard work of raising our own support and resources needed to keep fueling the Disciple Driven Church Project which in addition to praying for resources we ask you to pray for Pastor Terry and Suzette Goodwin as they lead sacrificially along with the entire team of servants we are privileged to serve with.

While God continues to call us to risk even more in 2008 we are unusually at peace as we walk by faith and utter dependence upon God.

Visit Global Prayer Network

Directors Note:
You may contact Bob Carder by e-mail at: bcarder@centurytel.net
website: www.discipledrivenchurch.org
Blog: www.theplanter.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

At February 04, 2008 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no need to pray for anything. God knows perfectly well what He is doing.

To pray to God asking or suggesting particular outcomes is, in fact, highly blasphemous. How dare we, with our limited understanding of the world, ask that God overrule His perfect plan?

No need to ask for better understanding of God's plan, either. If God wants to increase or even decrease our understanding of His will, He will take that step.


In short, if God wants your opinion He'll give it to you.

Me, I'll leave God to get on with His divine activity. Without interference, without bothering Him.

 
At February 07, 2008 9:28 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

David, the only problem is that Jesus said pray without ceasing. What do you pray for anyway? Just curious.

I'd like to think we still serve a God of miracles and who still answers prayers for miracles. I have examples if you need em.

 
At February 08, 2008 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God,

I promise not to bother you with pointless prayer requests, inept praise, or urgent requests for help.

God, if I get stuck in life, I'll seek the help of others, just as I would help those in need. And if worse comes to worst, there is always suicide. How comforting.

And God, if you have performed some sort of metaphysical trickery involving resurrection and salvation and all that jazz, please don't bother preparing a place in heaven for me. Give that place to someone else. Send me to hell instead. I'm don't want my outlook in life to be corrupted with promises of eternal reward.

I don't understand you, God, and I won't waste my time trying. It's difficult enough understanding inter-personal relationships with fellow humans. That's more than enough for one lifetime.

I guess the only think left is to thank you God for letting me live another day. But then that's not your direct action, that's just a combination of the right political, health and living circumstances.

We don't have a lot in common God, so it's probably a final goodbye.

Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters