Monday, January 21, 2008

Does God need you?

If the Great Commission is to be accomplished through us, does God need you? Of course He does.

But does He need you? Does God desire that you pray, give resources, encourage those who are doing it, does God need you?

He needs you ONLY if you are willing to be used and needed by Him.

If you are resisting, do not apply. If you trust then join in, we need you, God needs you. God needs and welcomes the willing to participate in His work of redemption.

As is always the case, if your heart is not in it, keep it.

But then again, is that God's will for you and me?

The church, the Body is good at:
*Fulfilling Selfish Passions (selfish)
*Gaining and Keeping Resources (greed)
*Living or Striving for Positions (pride)

You and I must break the cycle.

How much like the world are you? How much of you is like Jesus who was a Servant with not possessions and no position either. The world? Jesus?

I have more to say about this also, ask me.

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2008 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob, you rascal, you! I love reading your post. I "still" believe in the church (my church). We are at a crossroads and the body is responding! We are selling our land that former leaders bought to build a new church. We will use the money to help fund ministries that will build disciples, provide services to the poor and fulfill the great commission. I agree that some churches (our old one)have the attributes you describe. Our new Pastor just told the congreation that if you are going to set in the pew you might as well go down the road. He also said that the parents have lost control of there families. WE are trying to break the cycle. I guess you do have me on one note though... we still have a church building!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters