Thursday, January 17, 2008

My mother in law strikes again...

I sure love my mother in law. Not to many can men can say that, I think. For many "I glanced over at my mother in law and ran my car right into a ditch", if you know what I mean.

My mother in law has great wisdom and creative thought. She tells and she tells me to write short articles, they are too long, they are too long. So I must heed her advice at least this time.

In the Body of Christ we have a distorted view of what happens when the Holy Spirit comes upon the scene in our times of worship. Far too many believers think the Holy Spirit blesses them and shows up when they experience emotion in a song. Such a small view of the Holy Spirit. I have an emotional experience when I hear some country song or when I sing on the toilet. :) Sorry - NOT! Emotion does not equal Holy Spirit.

When the Holy Spirit visits our times of worship we are in awe of His presence and the result is that we receive a New View of God and a New View of Ourselves. And, those two things happen in conventional and unconventional ways. These ways make us nervous and fearful.

This experience of the Holy Spirit is commonplace in The Disciple Driven Church, but not just in our worship gatherings. It has become commonplace in our daily lives.

I just cannot seem to keep it short - it's my past preacher life in me. I should feel sorry for those who sat in hard pews for so long, but I do not! God bless those dear enduring souls anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters