Thursday, July 31, 2008

My garden...

As I said earlier this spring, I made a planter to hold my garden. I put really good topsoil (river bottom dirt) in the planter. I went out and got some really good plants and seeds. In my garden I have or had the following: pole beans, green bush beans, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, yellow squash, zuchini, cucumbers, green sweet peppers, cayenne peppers, jalapeno peppers and herbs.

The problem I have is that it cannot be controlled. My plants are enormous. My yellow squash is growing over top my tomato plants. I cannot even get to all my red tomatoes. The growth is out of control. I was staking up the plants to hold them in my planter and they were fighting back. Who won? The plants are now overgrowing the planting and moving into my yard.

The lesson: You cannot retrain healthy growth. The plants were never meant to stay in my parameters. That is true in my garden and that is true in the church. You cannot retrain healthy growth. Growing things are not meant to be retrained/controlled/held within. If we let them go they will beat our wildest expectations.

I'm just letting go and letting God grow my plants. I must let go and let God grow me. We must let go and let God grow others. God wants to grow His Church - why do we hold Him back with structures meant to hold in when God wants us to spill out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters