Wednesday, October 01, 2008

New ideology???

I posted this down the line and no one bit so let me bring part of what I wrote to the top here. We seem to confuse statements like, "What is Church?" & "Wath does the Church do?" Perhaps in our search for these answers aren't we really looking for a new ideology. What if every American Pastor would call into question the structures and practices of the modern American Church. That ain't gonna happen! It cannot because everyone is too busy defending what is broken and refusing to see that there are solutions out here not being considered.

Bill Hull speaks to this in The Disciple Making Pastor, "The disciple making pastor is a biblical ideologue. The word ideology was first used during the French Revolution. It means 'revolution for structural change; Disciple making at the heart of the local church is revolutionary ideology calling for fundamental change within the church. While he makes no plans to storm the Bastille, the pastor does call into question the structures and priorities of the modern church."

I personally believe that there is not even a remote chance that every American pastor would call into question the structures and practices of the modern American Church. So in order for me to be able to express myself as a biblical ideologue I must move out of geographical restrictions and hindering structures of control in order to be the Disciple making pastor/leader God has called me too.

On this blog I have called into question the structures and priorities of the American modern Church and when I have done so I have been met with strong resistance and anger. I have lost very close friends because I do not agree with them and their practices in ministry. I don't know what happened to - Let's agree to disagree agreeably. That's part of the price I am paying for making the Great Commission a supreme mandate for all Christ followers as a personal and deliberate act of obedience. (I'm not making this - Jesus made this the priority).

Since we were unable to bring about the fundamental changes needed to make us "geographically unrestricted" and "structurally unhindered" we had to leave our birthing denomination. Believe me when I say we went to the top and tried to discover the needed bridge. It was not an option, politics prevailed over the mission. Our decision came with fasting and prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters