Friday, February 24, 2006

Which Jesus Do You Follow?

My friend came across a song by Todd Agnew entitled, "My Jesus." This is how it starts:

Which Jesus do you follow?
Which Jesus do you serve?
If Ephesians tell you to imitate Christ
Why do you look so much like the world?

Because my Jesus bled and died
And spent his time with thieves and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant
So which one do you want to be?

Here's more:

Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet
But he reaches for the hurting and despises the proud
I think He'd prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowd
And I know that he can hear me if I cry out loud.

I Must Ask...Which Jesus Do You Follow?
Tell me will you...?

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

I'm first and I'm in the trenches with a Jesus whose hands are worn and his clothes are dirty in ministry with the worn and dirty of our society.

I love the Jesus who is often rejected by the established and arrogant church in America.

 
At February 27, 2006 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only one I know. The one who dragged me kicking and screaming out of the world, threw away my nasty, skanky garments and clothed me in His own white, freshly warm from the dryer, terrycloth robe that never cools. All he asks is that I pass the robe on to anyone I can. Each time I do, I get a new one. :)

Next time you take a load out of the dryer, stick your face in the middle of it -- you'll get the idea.

 
At March 01, 2006 1:34 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

You creative rascal writer you. Keep thinking and sharing those word pictures.

Emptying the dryer will never be the same, thanks to you. It could be fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters