Friday, May 19, 2006

I Just Witnessed Real Ministry in America...

Would you believe, I went to Kansas City and met with a leader of another Chruch in another denomination and we decided we will work together to take responsibility for the nearly 2 million people in Kansas City metro. We agreed that it will be our responsibilty to see that every person in Kansas City has the opportunity to accept or reject Jesus Christ as personal Savior.

I loved spending time with Chris Pinion, a leader of leaders. I also admired and appreciated the fact that His church doesn't look like a Church or even act like a Church. Instead of meeting on Sunday's for themselves -they are mobilized everyday in the community and people are coming to Christ, saved from addictions, saved out of abusive relationships, saved from a life a sin and bondage. People are coming to Christ. When someone is sick in the hospital the small group that person is in -goes to the hospital. The Church is different, the people (the congregation) meets the needs of each other. The Pastor is a prophetic voice of Truth and people hear the Truth when He speaks to them in a sermon, at a restaurant or in their homes. How refreshing! The Church is not like the Church but yet they are a Church -a real New Testament example of what it means to make disciples who make disciples and actually be the Church in the world - a world hungry for Truth and God.

This NT Church clearly knows that the Church is made up of believers but it is not just for them. They know they exist to impact lives for eternity, they know that Jesus is coming back and that souls are hungry, bruised and battered and lost eternally without Jesus. They live as if today could be their last day. Whew, how refreshing to find a Church that doesn't look like the Church but is the Church very much like that described in the book of Acts.

The Pastor told me..."I tell my people that if they have to choose going to a Sunday worship service or go to their small group -They must go to their small group." This pastor believes that it's in the small group where community is built and real service begins. It's not about the service on Sunday -it's the service every day that counts.

I witnessed NT Church happening in America and it stirred my heart. And, further this pastor and I share the passion to do ministry the Jesus way-a way that is in direct contradiction to doing Church the American way (pew sitting, self serving, Sunday going etc, little Great Commission priority.) Why in the world would we place value on the Great Commission anyway? I know why?

This new friend and I are in different denominations but we are brothers and we have agreed to work together and get other leaders to agree to work together and get other leaders to work together so that together we can take ownership for reaching the 2 million people in Kansas City metro. We cannot reach them alone, but with Jesus and others who share our passion and fervour -everyone can have the opportunity to accept or reject Jesus!

I think some of the people in the Bible would like this post. Do you?

3 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your post. It's exciting. Keep making those connections!

 
At May 20, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

See I am not anti Church! I just believ eif the church is not making disciples who make disciples they have a serious credibility problem.

Mike - I am speaking just challenging your Church but every Church in America. I'm raising a clarion call for change in Churches so there can be a change in the American culture.

Are we doing what Jesus called us to do. Are we all doing it? All are called, you are called are you obeying Him??

Oh yes, thanks for the encouragement.

 
At May 20, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

See I am not anti Church! I just believe if the church is not making disciples who make disciples they have a serious credibility problem.

Mike - I am not speaking just challenging your Church but every Church in America. I'm raising a clarion call for change in Churches so there can be a change in the American culture.

Are we doing what Jesus called us to do. Are we all doing it? All are called, you are called are you obeying Him??

Oh yes, thanks for the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters