Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's all about God's call and kingdom work

As you have read in previous posts, Todd and Yolanda are moving (I pray) to Kansas City to join with what God is doing in birthing a discipleship organic movement.

We had some hoops to get through -but the district leadership recognizes those snags and is committed to reducing or eliminating them and streamlining the process. Today the district leadership spent significant time together in a conference call and they truly care more about making disciples than following an archaic strangulating process.

Without hesitation the board approved Todd for ordination (not really a big deal because he could do the ministry we are calling him to without it). But I am ordained and it hasn't killed me yet, so I pray it will not kill him either. Depending on what kind of Church God gives birth to -He may actually need that ordination. The district leadership made a strong commitment to treat him like a member of the family.

Anyway, please pray for Todd and Yolanda as they pray this through and make a final commitment to moving forward in Kansas City. We want them to pray about this because we need for God to bless them and put His blessing on this ministry and relocation of this family. We need God's will in this and we need to put the kingdom first in this.

We want the Bush family and need them, but I must say, I care more about them than I do aboutthe district or denomination. If God shuts the door on Kansas City (which I pray not) I will do everything I can to help them find another ministry opportunity wherever God leads. And wherever God leads the Bush family - with us or without us -in our camp or outside of it, they will be used of God and will impact the kingdom.

I'm for the kingdom and the truth is we must all must care more about the kingdom than we do about our church, district or denomination. Amen?

Am I thinking staight? Give me your thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters