Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In the Vineyard

Before the vineyard I had lunch with Erica and Aman (I was Erica's Pastor in her teen years) and she has grown up and now lives in Portland with her new husband Amon from Rwanda. A Godly couple who know what I am talking about when I raise the Great Commission to her place and view her with Supremacy. It was a great and encouraging time of sharing Jesus with each other. I am sooo proud of them.

I left them after a time of great lunch. conversation and prayer. From their I made my way over to Oktoberfest at McMenamins & Edgefield vineyards - a local hotspot. This was the weekend where they had over 12 bands and musical groups. I call them artists, a place of genuine artistic expression. I listened to some of the best music in our nation -so good I was left wondering why several of these groups were not nationally known.

I simply followed the leading of God's Spirit. If I was prompted to speak I spoke. If I was not prompted I kept silent (I know you may not believe this one). I did follow God's leading and had serious conversation on four occasions with many more encounters that were more like passing Jesus encounters.

I just met people where they were. As I stood near two couples in great interaction I was asked what I do. I don't like to answer that question but am not ashamed of what I do. I am resistant to go public quickly because people often cease to be real the minute they know I am a pastor or church leader.

Two couples now knowing what I do stood with me. A comment will forever burn into the memory banks of my mind. My new friend said something I want to share (but I do not want any elevation or misunderstanding on my motive for sharing this). He said, "I cannot believe you are here and real and in this environment - but I must tell you this is really a great thing. You are authentic, not critical , not judgemental -- but you are a real and for you to leave the church and be with the people where we are -speaks volumns."

If you are wondering if I did any wine tasting -you still don't get it.

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so which wine was your favorite? :-)

 
At September 27, 2006 2:31 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

You are sooo funny! :)

 
At September 27, 2006 2:55 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Anonymous,

Why don't you just ask Jesus, He was there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters