Sunday, September 24, 2006

Can you believe this?

A lady who works the breakfast at the Hampton where I stay (in Portland) has the first name Delilah! I asked three people here in Portland in two days if they have ever heard of Samson andDelilah. Guess what? All three have never heard of them.

Sunday through Tuesday night I will ask more people. Do you think I will find anyone who has heard the story and knows it is in the Bible? I will let you know.

Are we in a post Christian world or what?

Let's figure out how to turn this around. I am shocked and saddened that this culture in America has become post Christian right under our noses. It is not just in Portland - but Portland does represent the climate of America.

Has anyone elese become shocked and grieved like me?

Have fun in church tomorrow morning!!

6 Comments:

At September 25, 2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Bob...

Any pastorless Missionary churches up in your neck of the woods?

 
At September 25, 2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

We need to talk -are you ready for a serious conversation?

 
At September 26, 2006 12:58 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill -Are you messing with me?

There are thousands/millions who are poised to enter the family of God and all who are willing can have part in the harvest ready for the combine.

It will take faith in God's ability to do it in the way of His own choosing.

We do not take anyone who think they know what it ministry or Church will look like. It must be free of human control and filled with Holy Spirit leading.

 
At September 26, 2006 1:00 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Oh boy -Where in the world did the Samson and Delilia story go out in Oregon?

Maybe they know more about who Jesus is than Samson. You tell me.

 
At September 26, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Hey Bob.

No, I'm not messing with you. If I wanted to mess with you I'd say something like, "The institutional church is the hope of the world!" (insert hearty guffaw here)

Every so often I get the itch to escape from what I'm doing here (in my salaried job) to be back in the midwest doing what I'm most passionate about.

And I miss the fall colors. All I get here is a bunch of ugly pine needles that fall all over my car.

 
At September 26, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

When can you visit St. Louis at our expense to meet with me (I want you to meet Pastor Terry) as well?

Before we get you in an established church lets meet and dream with God.

Or I can call you when you say "Call Me!" I'll call you anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters