Saturday, December 16, 2006

How do you teach Believers...?

How do you teach believers to listen to God's Holy Spirit and then to obey Him when He speaks. I have struggled with this question but today as the True Vine Church gathered I saw it happening before my eyes. The new members of this movement and others joining it were in tune. As an orchestra of large proportion they were beating as one. It was beautiful!

To hear God speak requires more than hearing. It requires an earnest desire to listen to His promptings. From giving a poinsettia to someone you do not know nor have ever met in Jesus name to collecting money for a family of 7 who were burned out and needs to pay the rent, God is speaking and a small group of authentic disciple multipliers are listening. Amazed, speechless, praising God and very much like those who witnessed Jesus heal the paralytic as he was lowered from the roof before Him, the people said in passing - "We have never seen anything like this before," that is me.

What is God up to? What will be His next move? How will He use the few who are willing? How far will this touch and transform lives? I don't know, but I know it will be one of those, "I've never seen anything like this before." Isn't this what we long for? It sure is for me.

I'd give it all up to experience again and again what I experienced this morning and the days preceeding. What is God up to? I do not know -but I anxiously await His next move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters