Thursday, January 25, 2007

Miracles are commonplace in disciple driven movements...

Wednesday is the highlight of my week. I meet with the leaders of our new disciple-making church. We are looking over, "The Shaping of Things to Come." Great discussion on how we could have a new day and do ministry in a new way dominates our discussion. I am amazed at how the wisdom of God flows from those present and they are not even ordained pastors. Who would have thought? Before I could go to the coffeee shop "open mic night" my friend wanted me to meet with him.

One of our newest members, a husband and a father shares a miracle that just occured this week in his life and that he was still in shock and awe. While God was working on Him as he laid in bed, He took Him back through his entire life, his wife was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when God spoke to her, "I am the God of Miracles!" As she walked into the bedroom her husband told her how God took him back through His entire life to a point where satan took something from Him, a long story. Then he said to me, "God revealed his healing to me!" Then my new friend said, "I am healed, what was something that caused me in group settings to sweat, be tongue tied and frozen with fear has left me. God healed me! I do not understand this!"

I encouraged this new young husband and father to just accept the miracle/praise God for this and He said he would. After more discipleship and before we departed, we prayed in the parking lot of the Bread Company as cars drove passed us. What did they think, I wondered? His last words to me, "I'm headed home to read Scripture with my wife and share together and pray for each other, something we never did before. I will do this every night, just as I promised!"

So what next is something we cannot even predict. I do know this young husband and father has been strategically placed in our movement by God. I told him the first time I met him that I sensed God's anointing upon Him and that He has plans greater than he could ever expect as he lives in obedience to God.

As I indicated, I wanted to go to Picasso's to be with the young gang ministering there. But as I listened to God I felt I needed to stay and meet with this new friend even though he gave me a way out. You know what, God never let's you down when you listen deeply in your heart for His still small voice. I was so intent on going to Picasso's that I almost missed something so great I cannot describe. Because I listened, God showed up.

I asked my new friend if I could share this, and He gave me permission to share it with everyone. So in a general way, you have this miracle right before you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters