Tuesday, January 02, 2007

No blame now - plenty of blame later!

While I accept blame in part for the condition of the American Church for losing her missional and disciple producing way, there is more to the story.

While we did contribute we may have done so knowingly and unknowingly. I admit that the blaming game for the past is ineffective at best. Now what?

The real blame for the future is another story and it will rest on those of us who cannot get our heads out of the sand long enough to see the ground of American Christianity eroding under our feet. The real blame will rest on those who refuse to follow a missional -disciple multiplying way. The real blame will rest at the feet of those believers who would rather sit in a pew and fulfill an expected duty or soak up the fuzzy food on Sunday rather than live in the world as incarnational (Jesus) disciples for all the world to see.

Now this is where I predict the real blame will lie. But I doubt those who are to blame will ever admit it. I sure hope and pray we will miss this part and enjoy the other part.

We are truly educated way beyond our level of obedience.

1 Comments:

At January 02, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Maybe I missed it on this one. Did I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters