Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Most rediculous item of the day

Someone told me in an email that the fire and the burns and the trauma may be the result of God trying to tell me to quit, move, find something else to do or whatever.

What do you make of such comments.

I am not quitting! IF He wanted me to quit He would have taken me in the fire.
I will not be shaken to move! I have to stay and rebuild!
I have my call to continue creating disciples making disciples movements.
I came here because I wanted to do something I felt God calling me to do and by the way, something I knew I could not do on my own. What we are doing is impossible to do in the flesh, only God can create this type of New Testament disciple making without all the bells and whistles we call church.

What would you say about anything above?

6 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not say a thing, Bob, other than maybe "thanks for your concern." There's no need for you to defend God's call on your life. And someone who would say something like that doesn't know you very well, in my opinion.

 
At April 12, 2007 7:03 AM, Blogger Scott said...

There are so many things I would like to say in responce to these comments, But Mike said it so well already. Amen to that. God bless you Bob.

 
At April 12, 2007 8:37 AM, Blogger Slatts said...

I wonder if this person would tell Christ that his passion and death was His Father telling him to throw in the towel too?

 
At April 12, 2007 8:48 AM, Blogger gltnforpnshmnt said...

slatts nailed it.

you could use the old cliche, "opinions are like butts....everyone has one and they all stink"

you could take mike's advice and say thanks for your concern.

no doubt that was a huge discouragement...to say that in such a time is quite rude. just like my friend's "friend," who told her in the midst of her divorce proceedings, "oh by the way, you can never be married again." thanks for being a friend, huh? bad timing.

anyway, bad stuff happens to people all the time. Why would a house fire and burns and trauma be God's way of speaking to you, but if they mechanic or factory worker down the street went through the same thing, it's just, "stuff happens."

you're right. ridiculous.

 
At April 12, 2007 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great to have you back Bob! I'm very glad that you're staying true to your convictions.

Hey, when you get a chance, drop by my blog (www.awaitingrain.typepad.com)and read the post called "Missional Budgeting." I'm really interested in getting some feedback from others who share the convictions that many of us here on your blog share. Let me know if you think I'm off-base in any way.

Bless you brother!
bill

 
At April 14, 2007 4:36 AM, Blogger Bob Carder said...

Bill, I'll get to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters